Friday, September 10, 2010

Umi Kaiten Zushi

I loved watching Wicked to much, that when another group of friends organised to go, I immediately put my hands up for a ticket. Last time we went to watch Wicked, I ended up Musashi. Wanting something slightly different, we opted to try Umi the sushi train.



Japanse Marble soda

I'm not sure what the actual name of this is, I just always refer to it as the Marble Soda, as they use a marble as a stopper! Ahhh the novelty value.

Cool pen dudes!

Pricing

Bonito

I've never had fresh bonito, only the dried stuff you find ontop of takoyaki, so it was interesting to try this. Its actually a very fresh and delicate soft fish, totally unlike the dried shavings I'm used to!

Grill salmon

Another grilled salmon

Sharkfin and jellyfish salad

Salmon sushi sandwiched between fried lotus roots

Beef tataki

Scallop

Tamago

Grilled mackeral

Grilled salmon and prawn

This was my favourite of the night. The salmon was lightly torched and wrapped around more salmon and cream, topped with a grilled prawn. A must have! We wanted another serve, but they were all quickly whipped off the train.

Raw prawn

Grilled scallops

Salmon wrapped around creamy seafood salad

Raw scallop

Special of the day

Prawn mince sandwiched between lotus roots, battered and deep fried

Ahhh I was content with a belly full of good sushi and ready to go all Wicked!

Umi Kaiten Zushi
Shop 1, Lower Ground Floor
477 Pitt St, Haymarket
Ph: (02) 9281 2006
http://www.umikaitenzushi.com.au


View Larger Map


1 comment:

Sinophile said...

That marble soda is called Ramune!