Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Celebrating @ Bavarian Bier Cafe in O'Connell St

Me and Moishii finally paid for our whole trip. All accommodation, tours and tickets have been paid for. So to celebrate, we decided to head on over to the Bavarian Bier Cafe in O'Connell St for a feast. Yeah yeah....I know....I need to save....Anyway, we made a booking and headed on over after work. This is the first time I've been to the O'Connell St branch even though I work right around the corner (And I just realised, I've been to all the Bavarian Bier Cafes now!).

As you enter from street level, you are at the Bar. Upstairs is the smoking area, but luckily we had booked the downstairs area which is smoke free and had an open kitchen. When we arrived, the waitress gave us a whole booth to ourselves.


I decided to give the pineapple beer a go, but I still prefer mango beer. The pineapple flavour is just too delicate for me, and its twice the price for half the amount of beer.


We decided to order the Forest mushroom and Sauteed garlic Flammenbrot, but they mixed up the order and gave us a Rocket, Ricotta and semi dried tomato one instead. But after a few words they quickly fixed us a new one.

Rocket, Ricotta and Semi-dried Tomato Flammebrot

Forest Mushrooms and Sauteed Garlic Flammenbrot

The Flammebrot was absolutely delicious! The base was like a thin crispy puff pastry that was nice and light. The mushrooms was just divine! This is something I would love to order again!

Pan Fried Chicken Schnitzel with Mashed Potatoes and Rocket Salad

Bavarian Platter

L to R: Chicken Schnitzel and Herb Mayo, Crackling Roast Pork Belly with Red Cabbage and apple compote, Swiss Bratwurst Sausages on Sebago Mash, Nürnberger Sausages and Sauerkraut Served with Crispy Onion, German Mustard and Löwenbräu Bier Jus.

The Chicken Schnitzel was soooooo tender and much better than the one I had at the York St. I even noticed Moishii's Chicken Schnitzel serving size was much bigger as well. The pork belly was nice, but very hard to cut through even though I was given a steak knife. The sausages were juicy, tender but not too fatty. The sebago mash was so creamy and definitely not healthy! I can't be healthy when it tastes that good!

After demolishing most of our meal (I couldn't finish the sauerkraut or red cabbage), for some stupid reason we decided to tackle dessert. I know! We couldn't finish our main but went and ordered dessert anyway! And to top it off, we went and ordered a few pots of tea to wash it all down!

Japanese Lime Green Tea

Apple Strudel with Vanilla Anglaise

We were originally going to order the Marinated Mangoes with a Raspberry Mousse, but the way the waitress described the apple strudel was just too tempting not to try. As for the tea, the Japanese Lime Green Tea was really really nice. It was aromatic with just enough of a hint of lime. If only I could get my hands on some of that tea!

Bavarian Bier Cafe
http://www.bavarianbiercafe.com.au/

Manly:
Shops 2-5 Manly Wharf, Manly
Ph: (02) 9977 8088

York St:
24 York Street, Sydney
Ph: (02) 8297 4111

O'Connell St:
16 O'Connell Street, Sydney
Ph: (02) 9221 0100

No comments: