Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ventuno Pizzeria Enoteca Birreria

We had a catch up at Ventuno after I got back from Houston. The place is warm and cosy yet sophisticated. We had a lovely waiter who was helping us with all our cocktail selections whilst we studied the menu.

Golosa

Tomato, mozzarella, ham, mixed porcini mushrooms, grana cheese, truffle oil.

I was soooooo undecided whether to go with pizza or the seafood risotto. I randomly blurted something out when the waiter came and pizza it was! The crust was soft and chewy, reminding me of the gorgeous pizza I had in Venice sitting by a canal.

Rustica

Tomato, mozzarella, hot salami,mushrooms & black olives. I swapped a slice to try the Rustica pizza and it was also delicious.

Apologies for the blurry photos beneath, but SOMEONE was refusing to let me take photos of their meal! *GASP* So I took the photos for spite, and I'm blogging it for spite! haha

Pesto pasta

Seafood risotto

Roasted pumpkin penne

Chocolate and hazelnut semi-freddo

The semi-freddo was actually closer to ice cream. It was still delicious, but not really a semi-freddo.

We had a fantastic time catching up over beautiful food. I would love to go back again and try the huge pizza that came served on a board the size of a lazy susan!

Ventuno Pizzeria Enoteca Birreria
21 Hickson Road
Walsh Bay NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9247 4444
http://www.ventuno.com.au/

No comments: