Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mama's Kitchen

Wow.....its been atleast 8 years since I've been to Mama's Kitchen. Mama's Kitchen used to be one of our favourite restaurants back in the days of Uni simply because it was one of the cheapest places around. What used to be $3.50 for a Spaghetti Bolognese or Napolitan now costs $6.50. That's inflation for you!

We visited the Mama's Kitchen on Liverpool St (Is this the only one left?!) to catch up with Moishii one night. I remember when the 2 of us used to come here, we'd always end up with a stomach ache later. Luckily this time we fared better. And the food has certainly changed for the better!

Creamy Chicken Fettucine

Procuitto and rocket pasta with a chilli, garlic and lemon oil

I loved the taste of the fresh ingredients piled ontop. Quickly mix it in so the heat of the pasta releases the aroma in the fatty procuitto and rocket. I did find the oil a bit sickly by the end of the dish, but that's cos it had started to cool down. I'm definitely going to try making this myself.

Dessert!

Sticky Date pudding

Tiramisu

I went the Tiramisu. Cool creamy bites packed with a coffee punch. Sooooooooo good! I almost finished the whole thing. ALMOST. Its actually a huge serve packed into a deceivingly small glass!

Oh, I've also given you a hint as to where I will be going on my holiday!

Mama's Kitchen
57 Liverpool St
Sydney NSW 2000
(Ph) 02 9264 5841

No comments: