Monday, September 21, 2009

Omelette Thai

Omelette Thai is a Thai restaurant situated across the road from Xin Jiang Noodle Restaurant. Too lazy to walk to the other side of the train station, we ducked into Omelette Thai for a quick meal.

Chicken Red Curry

The main reason I always order red curry is purely for the sauce. I don't even really care what meat or veggies is in it as long as I get the sauce! hehe Omelette Thai's sauce is mild and creamy. I loved the thinly sliced Kaffir lime leaves they scattered over the top. Once you mix it in, you get a lovely citrusy aroma that just added to the taste.

Chicken Cashew Nut

My all time favourite Thai dish. I love the sweet and spicey flavours of this dish. Omelette Thai's version is quite nice. But I'm not sure if it was my request for extra sauce that made it quite runny. It didn't seem to have that thick sticky consistency I love in this dish. It didn't stop me pouring all the sauce over the rice though!

Omelette Thai seems to be a simple local restaurant suitable for a quick bite. My only gripe with the restaurant is that it is one of those Thai Restaurants that likes to serve you your rice. Whilst some people really like that extra level of service. I prefer to have a big bowl/pot of rice on the table to help yourself. But that's cos I feel greedy when I keep asking for more and more rice! hehe

Omelette Thai
190 Liverpool Road
Ashfield NSW 2131
(Ph) 02 9716 0360

No comments: