Monday, April 30, 2007

Bavarian Bier Cafe - Revisted when sober

Work and life has been really chaotic lately, meaning I haven't had a lot of time to catch up with Moishii. Since we both enjoy the Bavarian Bier Cafe and we haven't been back since Marco's drunk birthday bash, we headed off to the York St. This time, the place was packed til bursting point.


We arrived early and our table wasn't ready. So we opted to wait outside on the street since I really can't handle the noise right now. As we're standing around the corner enjoying some much needed silence, I spotted him.

Who is "Him"? "Him" is the guy that tried to hit on Moishii whilst we were at Luciana's party! My first reaction was to chase. So I grabbed Moishii's arm and started dragging him through the city and through a suburb to catch the guy only to grab a photo and run! Like WTF? I don't know what possesses me to do these things.

After we huffed and puffed our way back to the restaurant, we finally get seated. We had an absolutely delightful waitress called Tina serve us and within 10mins, we had food and drinks!


BBQ Octopus Greek Salad

This was absolutely mouth watering. The Octopus had a lovely BBQ charcoal aroma, the fetta was creamy and the salad was soooooo refreshing. I am definately going to order this again!


Mixed Sausage Platter

We both went for the mixed sausage platter since we didn't know the difference between all the different types of sausages. And what better way to learn than to get a mixed platter? The only thing is, they keep telling me the names, but I keep forgetting. Lets just say it was really good! And the mashed potatoes, crispy onion rings and bier jus went when the sausages just perfectly. I'm not a huge fan of sauerkraut so I left most of it untouched. Well, it was more to do the with the fact that I was WAY TOO FULL!!! So why did we order dessert?

Peach Melba

Beats me. But it was refreshing! The peaches were sitting on a bed of berry coulis and was topped with a cool creamy vanilla ice cream. Actually, we liked the ice cream more than anything else. I think its to do with the fact that we so rarely eat vanilla ice cream now days.


And to wash it all down? Peppermint tea. Until the next visit to the Bavarian Bier Cafe!

No comments: