Sunday, July 9, 2006

Food glorious food!

When I get into a cooking mood, I really get into a cooking mood. I was invited to my Italian teacher's party last night. It was a kind of house warming/meet other people and practice your italian type party. As we were allowed to bring people, I thought it was only fair to bring some home made food along as well............


Tadah!!!

Coconut macaroons and chocolate dipped Strawberries and Apples

And heres another close up.....

Usually chocolate dipped anything is good, but chocolate dipped Granny Smith apples has got to be the winner for me. The crunchy sour apple contrasts really nicely with the rich dark chocolate making it an awesome experience! I usually have 2-3 chocolate dipped strawberries and then I'll feel sick from sugar overdose, but I reckon I can eat half a dozen of the chocolate dipped apples easy!

As for the coconut macaroons, I didn't actually eat any......so I can't comment on how it tastes. But from a previous batch, I got many pats on the back at work. The soft sticky texture mixed with the aromatic toasted coconut is what makes this dessert a winner! And its probably a reason why we obsess over these little darlings at work. Lets just hope my batch can meet the expectations. I might go to the kitchen and try one actually......

5 comments:

petals said...

It was soo yummy!!!

And i can comment cos i tried all of it!!!

choc dipped granny smiths are really delicioussssssssss....

=P~~~

SoRMuiJAi said...

All the macaroons were gone when I went to the kitchen!

The Choc dipped apples were definately my favourite! I love the sour crunchy contrast with the rich dark chocolate! MMMmmMMmm I should make another batch soon!

Jen said...

wow, this looks like you bought them from a shop, the strawberries are gorgeous.

Victoria A said...

Can you please make these yummie food when I'm AROUND?! I keep missing out on them :( lol

SoRMuiJAi said...

jenjen: AHeaHea thank you thank you! I'm going to try and bit a bit more professional next time and pipe the chocolate on, but I was feeling lazy and couldn't be bothered dealing with my semi hangover

Vics: I invited you! You didn't want to come! you'll have to wait for the next batch :)