Friday, February 5, 2010

Makoto Sushi Platter

It's been a few years since I've been to Makoto, not because the food wasn't great. Its because its TOO good. There's forever a line outside! And when I'm hungry, I'm HUNGRY. RIGHT. NOW. This means most of the time I'll end up going to a different restaurant. However, this time I had a serious craving for sushi, and not wanting to wait for a table, we decided to order a take away platter instead.

It was soooooooooooooooooo hard trying to decide on a platter! Everything looked so good! If I could, I would've ordered them all! hehehe In the end, it was a toss up between the Sakura Deluxe Platter and the New Sushi Japan Platter, both for $48. The New Sushi Japan Platter won in the end as neither of us felt like eating Inari sushi.

New Sushi Japan Platter - $48

Californian like roll

Nigiri

More nigiri

Ikura and some other type of roll

Just incase you didn't see, here's another view

and another!

Even the Tamago matches the photos!

I was actually so happy that they brand the egg just like they do in the brochure! I hate it when what you order doesn't look like the photo. But in this instance, the platter did not disappoint. Overall, the sushi was really fresh. I just wish they didn't have the little cucumber and little egg rolls. But for $48 you can't really complain. Definitely a winner and I know I'll be ordering this again the next time I get a hankering for sushi and can't be bothered lining up!

Makoto
119 Liverpool Street (Cnr, Pitt & Liverpool St.)
Sydney, NSW
(Ph) 02 9283-6767
http://www.masuya.com.au/en/restaurants/makoto.html


View Larger Map

No comments: